Saturday, March 13, 2010
10 reasons why India must figure in your list of holiday destinations India is a country that is rich in its , heritage, monuments, architecture, temples, churches and gurudwaras. India also has plenty of holiday spots offering a whole lot of cuisines, entertainment and worldclass healthcare. The holdiay resorts offer the best of hospitality and guest relations and vacation packages and facilities like spa, swimming pools and gyms and much more.
1. Come to Rishikesh for indulging in adventure sports such as river rafting, climbing, paragliding, mountaineering, skiing and camping. The cool houseboats in Kashmir and the landscape is a treat for visitors during summer.
2. Rishikesh is a haven for those with a spiritual quest. India the land that gave birth to religions like Hinduism, Buddhism and Sikhism has much to offer to the seekers of spiritual enlightenment at the ancient pilgrimage centers spread across India. The temples in India are perfect for those seeking peace of mind. Vaishnodevi temple in Jammu to the Jewish Synagogue at Cochin and the stupa of Sanchi and the ruins of are important pilgrimage centers.
3. Come and be visually treated by the ancient paintings in Ajanta and and the sculptures of the temples of Khajuraho and Konark. The temples and sculptures in Tanjore, Madurai, Mahabalipuram, Kancheepuram etc. are some examples of spectacular sculptures and architecture.
4. If you are a history enthusiast, you have numerous monuments as well as ruins of great monuments such as at Agra, temples, forts, palaces and architecture. India is a haven for historians and historical research students.
5. Beach lovers can have a really fantastic holiday experience at the sandy and sunny beaches of Goa. The beaches at Chennai and many others dotting the coasts of south India are places to witness nature’s bounty. The beach resorts with five star facilities ensure that you have the best of cuisines, entertainment, grooming and relaxation.
6. The hill stations like Ooty, Simla and Darjeeling are perfect places for relaxation and rejuvenation. Travel to India and breathe the fresh air with the fragrance of the rare and vibrant botanical gardens or soak in the therapeutic air filled with herbal flavor.
7. India’s landscape is rich in sun bathed beaches, colorful and enchanting flora and fauna hills and valleys with wildlife are a true treat to any admirer of nature. Visit India this summer to see the country at its spectacular best in nature or wildlife tourism.
8. If you are a health freak, you must not miss the Ayurvedic healthcare and the scenic beauty of Kerala tourism. The houseboats, boat rides in the lakes and rejuvenating massages help you to unwind and de-stress. Sophisticated multi specialty hospitals draw patients from all over the world to Chennai and Bangalore.
9. India offers a number of National parks and wildlife sanctuaries and bird sanctuaries. It is a fascinating experience for tourists and researchers from all parts of the world.
10. There is an endless variety of Arts and crafts, folk arts, tribal and traditional arts to enjoy and take home. Shoppers will be pleasantly surprised at the unique and captivating pieces of Indian artifacts.